Monday, April 18, 2011

Didymos Double Face Linens: Rosa, Robert & Agave

In the first half of 2010 Didymos released a series of wraps with 50% linen & 50% cotton. Of these I have the three most common Rosalinde (Rosa), Robert & Agave.

Rosa & Robert are quite similar, supportive with a lot of structure. They are both quite dense but Robert is slightly thinner. Enough that the breaking in process was noticeably quicker. While the cotton side starts off soft the linen side takes some work. If you need your wraps to be moldable these are not the wraps for you. I generally prefer moldable wraps but enjoy having wraps with different qualities. While without much moldability getting a good wrap job is harder, they are both extremely supportive. For me comfortable even with a sloppy wrap job. I would say not a good summer choice in a long wrap for very hot temperatures. Both are more gorgeous in real life than in pictures. The blue in Robert appear to be the same cotton used in Forget-me-not.



Agave is another story, molable, thin and great for the heat. Some wrappers find Agave diggy but I don't. Maybe because I have many wraps even thinner than Agave. Not as supportive as his cousins but supportive enough for my needs. My original intent was to dye this beauty but have since fallen in love. Because I have Agave in a 7, I will probably not be using him mid-day outdoors in the summer. However, otherwise he will be in heavy rotation for the next 6 months. I would love to see another double face linen in a similar weight soon from Didymos.

Measurements (Rosa/Robert/Agave):
Thickness: 22.5/21/18.5 mils
Width: 65/67/66 cm
Weight/Area: 250/243/187 grams per square meter


No comments:

Post a Comment