Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vatanai Glaciar & Valensole Review


I received Valensole a few weeks ago and love it from the start. It is all the things I love in a wrap; soft, moldable, thin, smooth & wide. Slightly thinner than my whales but thicker than kipawa. Passes slide effortlessly across my back which is welcomed relief for my injured left shoulder. Clearly a wrap that can be used in the heat of the summer here. My stash is size 6 heavy but still this wrap sees regular use. Having fallen so hard for Valensole, I decided to get Glaciar in a shorter length.


Glaciar wraps very similarly but is not quite as wide. I used him at a recent Costco trip in a knotless ruck which was comfy & secure. Both wraps have a good amount of diagonal stretch but almost no stretch parallel & perpendicular to the rails. My only reservation is that they are so nice. I'm not sure I will want to be sweaty in them. I guess I will have to wait and see. The heat will be here before I know it.

Measurements Valensole/Glaciar:
Thickness: 17/17 mils
Weight: 550/400 grams
Weight/Area: 175/178 grams per square meter
Width: 69/64 cm

Wrapee: 20-lb almost 1 year-old

No comments:

Post a Comment